Follow Tmuffin:

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe

Stretch one roasted chicken into 3 different meals!
I realize it helps to see a picture of the recipe. I'm new to this whole blogging thing, and forgot to pull out my camera. So here. This is all I've got:


Roasted Chicken Recipe

Ingredients
  • Roasting Chicken
  • Olive Oil
  • Basil
  • Oregano
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Remove innards and wash chicken. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub a few tablespoons of olive oil (I don't measure) all over chicken, inside and out. Rub in some salt, pepper, basil, and oregano (I didn't measure this either, but if you're a stickler, use 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of each). Roast, breast side up, in oven for one and a half hours or so, until a thermometer inserted into the thick part of the breast reads 180. (I roasted it for 2 hours since I also was roasting an acorn squash with it).

I use Rachel Ray's Bubble & Brown Dish as my roasting pan. I love this thing! Functional yet super cute and stylish.

You can eat some chicken tonight and use the leftovers for Chicken Noodle Soup and Chicken Nachos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...