Follow Tmuffin:

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Doing it on Purpose

So 2012 has begun pretty tumultuously. I've been absent for a while. From my blog, sometimes from motherhood, sometimes from my partnership with Big T, and sometimes from my friendships.

I've been dealing with a death (not mine), a divorce (not mine), a wedding (mine--Yay!), a car accident (mine), a new business property (mine), and a possible home move (mine). It's a lot, and I haven't had the time or the mental and emotional capacity to sit down in front of the computer and share it with you.

But I also have made some wonderful connections through this blog, and I don't want to lose them. I appreciate all of my followers, and I feel very disconnected without having been following you guys in the past few months.

Part of the reason I haven't blogged recently is also because I had a huge realization this year: I'm not a blogger.

Let me explain. I love blogging, I love writing, and I love connecting. Most of all, I love sharing. I like to talk. Once you get me talking, I don't really stop. So that's what was happening with this blog, and I was talking about motherhood, talking about breastfeeding, talking about the activities I would love to do with my kids, talking about organizing my life, and talking about my business. But I wasn't actually doing anything. 

I hit a major turning point in February, when I realized I was going to have trouble paying my bills that month. And that's when I realized: I'm supposed to be running a business here. Tmuffin is my passion, but I was turning into a hobby. It had been just about one year since I had quit my full-time office job to try out my WAHM opportunities, and my company hadn't grown. I've been doing really well with my online freelancing and crowdsourcing work, but I haven't been focusing on my true passion: giving moms all the stuff I felt wasn't available when I was looking for it.

So I'm repurposing this blog. I'm repurposing Tmuffin. You could also say I'm repurposing motherhood.

There is some good stuff coming. (I know I've been promising that. Just so you know, when I promise a deadline, it usually takes 3 times as long as I originally planned.) So please stay tuned. I haven't forgotten about all of you. I'm working to make Tmuffin a really useful resource for all of you, not just a fun click through on your way to bigger and better things. In fact, Tmuffin is on its way to bigger and better things. If you sign up for the Tmuffin newsletter, you won't miss the big stuff when it happens. And it's happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...