Follow Tmuffin:

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Costume Part II

A Milkmaid, a Farmer, and a Cow meet a Girl Scout


I fear that I'm going to be a week behind in all of my posts this week. A week past what is relevant. Oh, well. If only there were 50 hours in a day. Halloween was great. We were the cutest farming family around. So much so that I think we should just move to the country, buy several acres, goats, chickens, and cows, and live off the land.
Tmuffin family Handmade Halloween Costumes--A Farming Family

I also made a Girl Scout Uniform for a coworker. She asked me a week before Halloween, and I was swamped, but really wanted to help her out. I told her I couldn't make it from scratch, but if she found me something to work with, I could rework it into a uniform. She found the most hideous knit mock-turtleneck, long sleeved, calf length shift dress at the Salvation Army. It was absolutely perfect! I was able to transform it into a vest and skirt with the leftover green ruffle from the dust ruffle I used for my milkmaid costume. We printed the patches on the computer, laminated them, and sewed them on for an official look. I can't wait to get a picture of her wearing it! Now if only she could make me some cookies. Farming is hard work.
Halloween Costume - Girl Scout Uniform

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my god, you guys are completely adorable! I love it! It's my secret dream to be a farmer... :) You have so much energy and you are so creative, Gaby. You were made for motherhood. I'm not sure I've ever seen you so happy. Besitos (love, Jennita)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...