Follow Tmuffin:

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cottage Cheese Diet Dessert Recipe

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I'm a little behind. My WW post for this week is coming later today. 

Cottage Cheese Diet Dessert

I've been on the South Beach Diet for a week and a half, and I've already lost 9 pounds. (Yay!!) I realize that this quick weight loss isn't the healthiest, but I do feel like I had a problem with sugar and possible candida overgrowth in my digestive tract, and I think I really needed to cut out the sugar to get these results.

I had huge sugar cravings before starting the diet, and they have largely disappeared. But at night, after dinner, when I'm sitting around on the couch, I still miss my dessert.

The South Beach Diet recommends a ricotta creme recipe, which is basically ricotta, cinnamon, and vanilla. But you're supposed to use part-skim ricotta, which is dry and gross.

I have a giant, Costco-sized cottage cheese, so I developed my own recipe. (After making it, I realized my Land O' Lakes cottage cheese is filled with all kinds of gross preservatives, so I have to switch to a different brand, but you can make this recipe with any brand. It's filling, it has protein, and it satisfies your cravings for sweets without filling your bloodstream with glucose.

Cottage Cheese Diet Dessert Recipe

It's almost too easy.
Mix together 1/2 to 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, a teeny-tiny dash of vanilla, a dash of some kind of sweetener (I've been using a tiny sprinkle of stevia) and an ample sprinkling of cinnamon. Mix mix mix (I mix with a fork to break up some of the curds) and eat.

1 comments:

mrs green @ littlegreenblog said... Best Blogger Tips

You'll probably hate me for this, but with my nutritional counsellor head on, peanut butter should really be avoided if you have candida issues

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...