Follow Tmuffin:

Sunday, December 18, 2011

SUNDAY SURF: Some Crafts and Some Other Stuff

Authentic Parenting Sunday Surf

I'm going to take some time off of the drama that is my bedtime saga so you can do some surfing. At first, I thought, "I've been so busy with Christmas Crafts and everything that I haven't even had a second to read my regular blogs." And then I checked out the history on my computer, and it turns out, I have done a little surfing this week. (That's what a couple of homemade Irish creams on the rocks in the evenings will do to you).

This is what I checked out this week. Go ahead, check em out too!

Parenting
Think Ahead to the Baby ~ A Guest Post by Lauren of Hobo Mama (on Up Down and Natural) - This parenting checklist helps guide new parents through the big decisions they will have to make when it comes to caring for their newborns. From  diapering to sleep, taking care of yourself during the postpartum period to what to expect as a newborn, it's a great way for new parents to begin to consider important parenting issues to prepare for life with a newborn.

Asking for it (on Lactation Narration) - A reminder that mom's milk provides important nutrition and antibodies even when a child is old enough to ask for it.

Breastfeeding Confession (on Diary of a Devil Dog Wife) - An honest description of nursing through pregnancy, and admission of negative feelings toward breastfeeding while pregnant, and a chance for readers to share their experiences nursing through pregnancy.

Crafts
Christmas Tree Felt Garland (on The Paper Mama) - When I saw a similar garland in the Land of Nod catalog for god knows how much, I thought, "This would be so easy and cute to make." This week, I came across a tutorial for a felt Christmas tree garland. Now you can make one too! I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for the one in the catalog!

Reading Nook (on Mrs. Meyer Musings) - This reading nook, made from a PVC frame covered in cute fabric, is adorable. It's perfect. I need one.

Recipes
Homemade Gummy Fruit Snacks (on All Day I Dream About Food) -These yummy, jello-like fruit snacks would be a hit with Baby T (not that he needs another reason to eat fruit).

Pretzel Bites (from Just Get off Your Butt and Bake) - Does this even need an explanation? Yum.

Super Simple Cake Batter Cookies (from Simply Rebekah) -  Three ingredients. Four if you want icing. No need to get all fancy. I can't wait to try these with the Halloween icing I couldn't resist buying when it was on sale in early November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...