Follow Tmuffin:

Friday, May 21, 2010

VEGGIE CHRISTMAS (Week 7)

So I've been a bit of a slacker. No Veggie Christmas post for Week 6. I guess I wasn't that creative, although I did use all my veggies except for the swiss chard. We got kohlrabi last week, which was a nice surprise. I love using veggies I've never tried before.

Kohlrabi has been described as tasting like broccoli stems, but I thought it was even milder. It almost tasted like potato. I ended up making Kohlrabi, Corn, and Cheese Empanadas with it, and Banana and Chocolate Empanadas for dessert. Amazing.

This week's box contained:
Tomato
Broccoli
Kale
Green leaf lettuce
Purple Scallions
Turnip
Squash
Bunch dill

I'm excited because there is much more variety this week. I was getting a smidge tired of getting creative with greens. Although I have pretty much started chopping, sauteeing and adding greens to everything I make. It's a great way to add nutritional value, and they taste so mild that you really don't even notice they're there.

This week's menu:

Wednesday: Dollar tacos at K-38 Baja Grill
Thursday: Risotto with Squash, Scallions and Radish Greens (* I realized risotto is a great thing to make when you're not sure what to do with your veggies. You can add anything to it!)
Friday: Dinner at Mom-Mom's (*I had so much dill and so many scallions that I sent some over to her house).
Saturday: BBQ Chicken, Broccoli Casserole with Squash
Sunday: Grilled sausage and pepper sandwiches, Potato and Turnip Pesto Salad
Monday: Rick Bayless' Tacos with Garlicky Mexican Greens and Roasted Tomatillo Chipotle Salsa
Tuesday: Chicken Korma, Barbecued Kale Marinated in Coconut Milk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...