Follow Tmuffin:

Thursday, April 29, 2010

VEGGIE CHRISTMAS (Week 4)

Ooh, we have a lot of variety in our box this week! I love getting greens, but I also like getting different veggies that I can cook with or add to my salads. This week's box contained the following surprises:

(these are my best guesses, since it hasn't been updated yet on the website)
Spinach
A large box of strawberries
Green Onions
Kale
a small ziploc of sugar snap peas (I think that's what they are)
1 zucchini

This is my menu for the week:

Thursday: Pizza bagels with kale chips and sweet potato chips
Friday: Dinner at Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop's
Saturday: Grilled eye roast with rice and salad (I'm going to cook extra rice to use for stir fry on Monday)
Sunday: Dinner at Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop's
Monday: Stir fry with zucchini and sugar snap peas (adapted from this stir fry recipe except last time I had to add a lot more spices, like curry), leftover eye roast, and brown rice
Tuesday: Pasta with wilted spinach, olive oil, and pasta sauce

I had some goat cheese from Nature's Way Goat Farm, so for lunches I made salad with leftover chicken, goat cheese, craisins, and honey vinaigrette. Yummy.

And for my salad, I'm adding my own radishes. Yup, from my very own garden. I don't know why it's so satisfying to grow your own food, or why it's so unbelievable when you pull up a radish and it looks like--a radish--but sure enough...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...