Follow Tmuffin:

Thursday, July 7, 2011

INSPIRATION THURSDAY: A MOMENT OF CALM

I first met Liz at an Earth Day celebration where she had a booth. I brought my wool soakers to show her, because we had talked on the phone, and she had expressed an interest in consigning them at the shop. When we started chatting, she was so welcoming. We chitchatted about babies, diapers, and cool art (the booth next to her was selling some awesome jewelry). I was struck by how calm and collected she was on that hot, busy day. She had recently had a baby, and didn’t seem frazzled at all, the way I would be in her position.

We kept in touch. I would stop by the shop periodically. We would talk about baby sleep, breastfeeding, and diapering tips. Every time I hung out with her, I noticed how she was just so calm. She always had a smile on her face, never had a bad thing to say about anyone, and just seemed so put together.

She was trying hard to run a business, take care of her family, and raise her son gently and naturally. During one of our first conversations, she mentioned how she was struggling with breastfeeding and hoped to make it to six months. (She’s still nursing her toddler now). She was struggling with letting her son cry it out for naps, because she wasn’t getting much sleep. Again, she had just opened her business. She brought her son to work with her every day and still managed to brush her hair and look cute every morning.


As I’ve gotten to know her, I’ve realized that she really is this amazingly calm, soothing person. We were at the shop the other day in the middle of a major thunderstorm with torrential rain. The lights went out, and she kept her conversation going like nothing ever happened. She just smiled. I think it’s because she looks on the bright side of everything. I’ve never heard her have a negative attitude toward anything. Even the negative stuff in her life. She turns it into a strength-building experience.

She also has a grateful, generous approach to life. She recently told me that she wishes she could just help everyone who needs it. She really wants to give, whether it’s to her family, friends, or customers. And she is so appreciative of any help she gets in return. She’s just really thankful for the people in her life. She was talking about her husband the other day and just out of the blue mentioned how amazing he was. And she told me that her mom reminds her of the book “The Giving Tree.”And I have a feeling she's something of the rock in their lives as well.

It’s rare that you meet someone who doesn’t take advantage of anyone or anything. Every time I hang out with her, I leave feeling giddy and inspired. When I was hemming and hawing over what to do with my life and what direction to take, talking to her about working together just felt right. When we get together, we both go 100 miles an hour, talking about our ideas, our lives, and our families.

It’s inspiring seeing a mom who is so devoted to her family, her friends, and her business and doesn’t let it get her down or get her too stressed. She is living out her passions, and she’s motivating to be around.

1 comments:

Mamie@cellulite treatment said... Best Blogger Tips

A very inspiring story and experience. Liz is an open-minded and passionate woman. Thank for sharing her story to us. A very inspiring woman to her family, friends and to her business..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...