Follow Tmuffin:

Sunday, July 10, 2011

SUNDAY SURF: My Favorite Reading This Week

I've had a crazy week. Actually, every week has been crazy since I quit my job. I'm busier than I was when I was working outside the home, but half of it is errands and stuff around the house that I wouldn't be able to do if I was still working. So I'm saner. A little bit, at least. And I do have more time to read. A little bit, at least.

Here are some posts and articles that I've been into this week:

I've been struggling with Baby T and gentle discipline this week. He's been extra needy, extra tantrummy, and sometimes I'm afraid he's turning into that kid. You know the one. The one who is demanding and disrespectful and bratty. And then I remember he's only 2. He's practicing making decisions and gaining control. The part of this article that really resonated with me and made me stop and think is the part that says to think about every moment as a perfect opportunity. When you're sad, nothing is wrong; you're just feeling an emotion. I've tried to put that into practice this week after reading this article:
Natural Parents Network article with comments about responding to an aggressive toddler

On top of dealing with a cranky 2-year-old is my lack of sleep. Little M is incapable of sleeping more than 45 minutes at a time. And this article explains my sleeping arrangements to a T. I've even been sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed sometimes to give Little M more room so he doesn't kick and punch me in his sleep:
Amber Dusick's What it's Like to (Not) Sleep At Night--Illustrated with Crappy Pictures

And this article about toddler nursing was so real. It made me remember exactly when Baby T turned that corner and turned into a flying trapeze artist while breastfeeding (or at least, that's how it felt). This is such an honest article about toddler nursing:
Toddler Breastfeeding, Frustration, and What Keeps Me Going from The Leaky B@@B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...