Follow Tmuffin:

Sunday, February 12, 2012

SUNDAY SURF: Short and Sweet

Sunday Surf with Authentic Parenting and Hobo MamaI'm joining Authentic Parenting and Hobo Mama for Sunday Surf. Share your best reading of the week, and link up your post at either blog!
For more great reading, visit Hobo Mama or Authentic Parenting for the latest Sunday Surf and linky.
Happy Surfing!

Another week went by with me not doing much reading. But what I did read blew me away. This one's short, but sweet:

160 Uses for Coconut Oil - This self-explanatory post at My Baby's Green blew me away. I already use coconut oil for a lot: moisturizer, bath scrub, to wash my face, as a popcorn topping, for baking, deodorant, and cooking, but that's only 7 things! Look at the 153 other things you can use it for!

The Vitamin D Controversy - Coming from a place where I'm hesitant to supplement (mainly because it's expensive and I eat well), this article was really interesting. My kids and I get a lot of vitamin D from being outside, but of course, we don't tend to go out when the temperature is below 40 like it was today, and when we do, we're pretty covered up. This article gives some good information about research into the need for vitamin D supplementation.

What happens in your body when you eat ramen and gatorade - A few of my friends were sharing this gem on facebook, and given Big T's affinity for ramen noodles, I decided to click on it. Thoroughly grossed out. If you eat a lot of processed foods, or if you're on the verge of cutting them out completely in favor of whole foods, this will send you packing in the right direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...